CANADIAN ERROR COINS - DIE VARIETIES
Coins struck by cracked dies have this crack showing as a raised line, usually in the field.
1964 Five Cents -Extra Waterline
1938 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1939 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1940 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1941 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1942 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1943 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1944 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1945 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1946 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1949 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1950 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1950 Fifty Cents No Design -Hoof thru Date
1951 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1952 Fifty Cents -Hoof thru Date
1953 Fifty Cents Large Date -Hoof thru Date
1996 Two Dollars Obverse -Thru "T" of ELIZABETH
1996 Two Dollars Obverse -Thru "1" of 1996 and "G" of DG. Reverse -Thru "R" of DOLLARS (Three).
1996 Two Dollars Obverse and Reverse - Large die cracks on both sides. Shown
- This page contains a partial listing of the over 3,500 Die Crack varieties known to the Canadian
Error Coins website.
- This list is complete in that it lists all Fifty Cents by date, known to have Die Cracks from the hoof thru the date. Also included in this list are those that have been widely advertised or are well known.
- Some varieties here may have a premium value over their regular counterparts of the same date.
- Values for all coins listed here may be derived from dealer advertisements, auction results, coin guides and published trends of Canadian coins. Please do not contact us regarding the value of any coin.
Please refer to your local library or bookstore.
- If you have knowledge of any other Canadian coin that should be included in this list,
Please contact Patrick Glassford.
Die Variety Directory | Canadian Error Coin Directory |
Page created by: muckwa
Changes last made on: 02/14/04
The entire contents of the Canadian Error Coins website are ©Copyright
1997-2004. Permission is granted to non-profit organizations and to individuals for their personal use, to copy any of the material contained herein, on the condition that such copies are not to be sold or otherwise used for profit, and that Patrick Glassford is shown as the source of such information or material.
The Canadian Error Coins website (est. in 1997 by Patrick Glassford) is a division of the Canadian Numismatic Publishing Institute, established in 1958 by Somer James, publisher of many fine Canadian numismatic publications such as "A GUIDE BOOK OF CANADIAN COINS, CURRENCY & TOKENS" and "CANADIAN SILVER DOLLARS" by Starr Gilmore.
The Canadian Numismatic Publishing Institute (CNPI), and all its existing copyrights,
are the sole property of Patrick Glassford.